Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     23 February 2011

Qasab to appeal to Supreme Court against death verdict

Qasab to appeal to Supreme Court against death verdict

Ajmal Amir Qasab, the Pakistani terrorist convicted for the 26/11 attacks on Mumbai, will appeal to the Supreme Court against the death sentence awarded to him, his lawyer said here on Wednesday.

The Bombay High Court on Monday upheld the death sentence the trial court awarded to Qasab for his role in the 26/11 attack.

"In my brief meeting with Qasab, I told him that he can file appeal to the Supreme Court challenging the death sentence awarded to him," Qasab's lawyer Farhana Shah said.

"Hum appeal karenge (I will appeal), Qasab told me," Shah added.

Shah, however, mentioned that she is yet to receive the copy of the order of the Bombay High Court.

"The process of filing an appeal in the Supreme Court can be started only after we receive an order copy," she said.

A division bench of the Bombay High Court comprising Justice Ranjana Desai and Justice RV More dismissed Qasab's appeal challenging the death sentence given to him by Special Judge ML Tahaliyani in May 2010.

A total of 166 people were killed in the mayhem let loose by Qasab and nine other Pakistani gunmen during the 60-hour Mumbai terror attacks. While he was caught alive, the nine other terrorists were killed in gun battles with the security forces.

https://www.mid-day.com/news/2011/feb/230211-26-11-Ajmal-Qasab-appeal-Supreme-Court-death-verdict.htm

Learning

1 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     23 February 2011

Thank you Roshni B, for the information, and all the best to Farhana Shah.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register