Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arunkumar (administrator)     07 November 2012

Py vehicle temporary registration in chennai

Dear Sir,

I am a resident of Pondicherry state and purchased a vehicle at chennai Velacherry with a delaer as this model isnt available in pondicherry itself. When I try to register vehicle temporarily the RTO of Thiruvanmiyur would give me the temp registration as he says that the Joint Transport Commisioner did sent a circular not to register vehicles come for temp registration with permenant Pondicherry address.

I have all valid genuinde proof which I submitted to them, despite of all thes documents they would let me register my vehicle here.

Please advice whom should I approach as common man am not given proper response by RTO and offices at Thiruvanmiyur RTO office. My dealer also says that he cant help much about it.

IS there a legal action I can take against RTO and Joint Transport Commisioner or should I seek advice through RTI ?

Please advice.

Arun J

Learning

1 Replies

surjit singh (Assistant)     07 November 2012

I can say that with my own experience that when the vehicle is registered in the same state and when even the district is changed the DISTRICT TRANSPORT OFFICER of the district asks for the temporary registration certificate from the concernred DTO from which district the vehicle is purchased. If they are compelling you to register the vehicle when your address is of pondicherry then in that case this is an arbitrary restriction. The Motor Vehicle acts says that the vehicle be registered where the owner ordinary resides and any such circular by the Joint Transport Commissioner is illegal in the eye of law and dehorse the rule emboded in the Motor Vehicle rules.

File an application before the Secretarty of the Transport Department of the State for exepmting you to permanently register the vehicle at chenni. I am sure in all other states of the country the procedure of temporary registeration is followed when the person address is another district or state. I am sure in this caes because few weeks ago I have my self registered vehicle in the state of Nagaland after purchasing in state of Assam, where temporary registraton was done with the concerned district DTO office and then permanently registering in the state of Nagaland.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register