pwdv act 2005

I got the notice of appearance under section 13 protection of women from domestic violence act 2005...My case is already in progress in family court for divorce. The story is like this: she left me 2 years back.than i placed the divorce file..since she is not here with me.ihave child 1:5 yr. I had two counselling session in family court. Now the thing is that i got PWDV notice from her side.. my question is did i really need take this seriously. I need to attend or not because my case is already in family court.. what she place is after 2 yrs. Which I didn't do anything to her..just mouth conversation happened than she left .. although I tried to convince her to come back she didn't came. Now what to do..?

Notice or summon of the court should not be ignored or avoided otherwise exparte proceedings and order against you will follow that may result in order really detrimental in your interest. She must be demanding maintenance, place of residence and child custody from you in her DV petition, that you must defend.

Total likes : 1 times



Attend the proceeding, do not ignore or take it lightly.

Contest the case(s) as advised by the lawyer engaged by you.

Don't waiting/ accept any second opinion or advise of experts despite the fact it is available FREE OF COST.

Total likes : 1 times




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

IPC Grand Course     |    x