LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

abraham   27 September 2015

pvt ltd company forcing an employee to sign for his resignat

Sir am working for a pvt ltd company in coimbatore as laision officer at trivandrum, from 2007 till date.this month on 7 th unit head and Hr manager called me to Coimbatore asked me to sign on a paper and give them my resignation.I told sorry.on 25 th I called hr manager Mr Pradeep.what he said is if am not signing they will be forced to do which I may not like Sirs pl advice Rgds Abraham

Learning

2 Replies

Charan Kedar.C. (Advocate)     01 October 2015

Dear Friend,

In the private companies, if they want to do retrichment, they will ask for forced resignation. But you can ask them on what reason you are asked to put down your papers. They have to give answer for that. Without that you need not to resign your job. 

1 Performance issue - Then they have to set a time limit for that and the goals should be defined to you. At the same time the goals which are assigned to you should be equal or atpar with your designation i.e. with your Colleagues 

2 Any comany policy voilation issue, then it should be clearly mentioned i.e. what is your company policy and what voilation you have done on that.

3 You have to tell us what is the issue with you and your company then only you will get clear advise otherwise it would be difficult to give advise.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 October 2015

The employer cannot suddenly force you  to tender resignation without any reason or prior notice.  It is an illegal act  and contrary to the provisions of labor  laws. You may inform them  to proceed as per their proposal and  let them issue the termination letter, you can challenge it properly by the process of law. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register