LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ASHOK S   18 February 2024

Purrchase undivided property(democrated but not sub divided)

I am planning to buy a aggricultural land which is not su-divided in revenue records but it is in possion with the seller for a long time, please help me with below.

1.in sale deed should we get signatures all land owners in the same survey number 

2. Should seller need to get consent from all land owners in the same survey number( if yes, what is the format )

3. Specifing boundaries in sale deed is sufficient or any additional requirements to set clear boundaries.

Thanks in advance..!


 3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     18 February 2024

You shall apply to the Tahsildar to inform the Re-survey number of the land in which the survey number is located and I-B Adangal copy.  You have to pay the necessary fee for the same as informed by the authority.  And apply for EC for at least 30 years.  You ask the seller for the mother document.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 February 2024

1. If it is an undivided share of the seller then you can ask the seller to mention that way.

But you can file a suit for partition after purchasing it.

However if the property has been already divided then you can get the demarcated boundaries properly mentioned in the sale deed.

Why the seller did not apply for mutation or sub division?

You ask him the reason, if you are not convinced with the reason then you can rethink to buy the property.

Did you obtain a proper legal opinion from a lawyer, if not, please do it.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     19 February 2024

Let the vendor specify his share which s/he wanted to offer for sale.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register