LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mukhtar Shaikh   29 November 2021

Purchase of plots in ranganpada maha mumbai

I am an NRI  intending to buy 4 ghontaas plots in Jui Village near Ranjanpada station of Maha Mumbai. Need your guidance on the below points. The deal is being done through some real estate company.
1) How do I know that the plots are NA or Non-NA. Whether it is under CRZ
2) How do I know whether the real estate agent is the owner or has the POA from the owner of the land. If I am making payment to the agent who has POA, how does the flow of money move since I will be paying to the real estate agent?
3)What precautions should in exercised during the deal.
4)IGiven to understand that a minimum 6 guntha has individual 7/12 else less than that it is in joint name with the developer. Please suggest.
5)What if the plot happens in R zone- can I construct a commercial building on that property. If not what is the solution to construct a commercial property in that place.
6) Given to understand from the agent that upon full payment of the transaction amount, the sale deed will be executed and registered in my name and 7/12 will be issued after 45 days.
7)Will welcome any more  guidance missed to be questioned by me.

Learning

4 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     29 November 2021

Ask your seller/agent to give you the original document as to how can he possess the property and all the link documents, and an approved plan copy. Obtain EC for 40 years from the SRO concerned or online. Check whether the owner of the property and agent is genuine or not.  Then consult a local lawyer with the material  you have.

1 Like

Mukhtar Shaikh   29 November 2021

Great information and that also quick Thanks a lot.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     30 November 2021

Please engage a capable and reliable local Lawyer to trace the title of the property, collect all required details like NA etc and also examinr the POA.

Ensure that the land is not Agricultural land. In case its Agricultural land as an NRI, you cannot purchase the same without specific prior permission from Reserve Bank of India.

Mukhtar Shaikh   11 September 2022

thanks sir will do the needful as guided.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register