LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shoaib (Partner)     14 November 2010

Purchase of Agricultural Land in Uttar Pradesh

I am buying 32 bighas of Agricultural land in Kairana, Muzaffarnagar Uttar Pradesh. This land is cultivated with poplar tree (sunmica).  The seller had already given Power of attorney to his two brothers. But rightnow he is the only person who is dealing with us. I am giving 15% advance money (earnest money).

Please let me know what documents are required for advance and final Registry of land.

Learning

4 Replies

jeetendra patel (lawyer)     21 September 2011

ARE YOU AGRICULTURIST  THEN YOU CAN PURCHASE THE AGRI. LAND.SECONDLY CONFIRM POWER OF ATTORNY IS REGISTERED ONE AND POWERS OF SALE OF AGRI. LAND IS GIVEN BY OWNER TO HIS BROTHERS . BESIDES IT ALSO VERIFY OWNERSHIP DOCUMENTS , 7X12 EXTRACT, MUTATION ENTRIES . BETTER TO CONSULT A LAWYER TO VERIFY ALL LEGALITIES . YOU ARE PURCHASING LAND OF LAKHS OF RUPEES . NO SHORT CUT.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     29 January 2012

Agreeding with waht is advied by Mr Jeetender Patel, I will add that :-

Please remeber also that as per UP Zamindari Abolition act :-

(i) agricultureal land beloging to SC/ST cannot be purchaed by Gen person. The sale will be illeal and the seller SC/ST will not be bound to refund the moey but land will revert to him.

(ii) if the agricultural land is not cultivated for two years the Tehsildar can isue SCN for cancellaton of Pata, ensure that thereis no such process going on.

sandeep (assit. professor)     02 September 2012

when can buy a land from sc/st ?

hari (student)     12 February 2015

hello..

I want to know that if i am buying land from a seller then should i have to pay money to the officer who is certifying the selling other than the money i am paying to seller..

please let me know how much money we have to pay the govt for purchasing the land bye a seller

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register