LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manjunath (Prop)     19 June 2023

Purchase of agri land without consent of minor daughter

My father has purchased a agricultural land in 1993 in Karnataka. The owner was a widow and she had two daughters at that time and one of them was a minor. Now the then minor daughter is filed a suit in court for claim of her share of land. However, the land was converted into Non Agriculture in 1997 and used for a Industry. Aslo part of the land was sold by my father in 2007. In such case whether the suit filed by the daughter of previous owner stand? Please share your views 

Learning

3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     19 June 2023

Your father purchased the land but who are the widow and her 2 daughters?  Is the widow, not a mother and the daughters not sisters to you?

Shashi Dhara   19 June 2023

When daughter become major she has to file suit  within threes years after she becomes major I.e within 21 years ,it is barred by limitation .

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 June 2023

If it was the property of her deceased husband, the widow should have obtained permission to sell the minor's share in the property.

When did the minor become major by age.

If she had become major more than three years ago before filing the suit then the suit is not maintainable 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register