LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

C.V.Divakar (Professor)     25 February 2014

Purchase of agri land in tamil nadu

Sir I am resident of Bangalore and an income tax payee, age 65 years. I want to buy Agricultural land in Denknikotai, Tamilnadu. My mother had agricultural land in karnataka which was lost during tenancy act about 40-50years back. 1. can i buy agri land in tamilnadu which is not possible for me in Karnataka as my income is in excess of Rs.2lakhs per year? 2. should i have voter id and proof residence of denkanikotai to buy land in denkani kotai?

Kindly let me know the fee payable if any, for above clarification before answering the query  

Regards 

C.V.Divakar

Learning

5 Replies

Chellapandian (Legal Consultant)     25 February 2014

Dear Mr Divakar,

1) You can very well buy an agri land as for as you can substantiate the source of income.

2) id proof and address proofs are required (but not thenkani kottai's residence)

Thanks,

Chellapandian.K

subramani (farmer)     25 February 2014

Sirs,

i own an acre of land in Kelamangalam - Hosur Taluk - Krishnagiri district. purchased in year 2005, need guidance on the following points : 

1. some local pupil are telling it is AD land. The person who sold to me and the the owner who sold to him who has been enjoying the property from 1970 thru  partition from his father - who has been enjoying the property from 1960. The VAO incharge is showing the records written in hand in red color ink as AD in his register. How do i verify and confirm it is not AD land?

2. I intend to take pvt. finance keeping this property as security. what are the legal procedures to be followed to safe guard the interest of both the parties ?

Thanks & Regards

subramani 

Dear mr Subramani, I have few questions to you before commenting on your case. 1) do yo have revenue documents for your land in your name ( patta,chitta ,adangal etc). 2) when you say "AD" do you mean it's been acquired by govt? Thanks, Chellapandian.k

C.V.Divakar (Professor)     25 February 2014

Thank you very much Sir.

Kindly confirm that the agri land will be registered in sub Registrar Office of Denkani Kotai and may I know the registration fee applicable.Thgank you onc again

Regards

C.V.Divakar 

Dear mr divakar, Please find the below link which gives you stamp duty and registration fees for the various types of transactions. https://www.tnreginet.net/duty_fees.asp In your case it's 7% of market value of the value of property+ 1% of market value of property . If sub - registrar office is present in then kani korai you can definitely do there else you need find under which sub registrar office's jurisdiction then kani lot tai falls. Wish you all success. Thanks, Chellapandian k

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register