Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mitesh Patel (Project Leader)     03 January 2011

Purchase Agriculture Land on My mother's name



My Name is Mitesh and i belong to Gujarat. I am technical buddy and do not possess much of law knowledge. I seek expert's opinion.


The situation is that i want to purchase an agriculture land in Gujarat. I can not directly purchase because i do not belong to farmer family and am not the direct heir of the same. My grandfather (mother's father) owns agriculture land. But when my parents got married, my mother has signed the letter that she does not want any agriculture land from her father. Now the situation is that i want to purchase the land, but i can not do it because no one from out family possesses the agriculture land, not even my mother. Her name from KHEDUTPOTHI (farmer) has been removed when she signed the letter at the time of marriage. My mother has two brother and two sisters.


Can experts in the subject matter advise me what can i do if i want to purchase the land under my mother's name first and then transfer it to mine?


Appreciate a response.


Great Regards,

Mitesh Patel

 2 Replies

Advocate Friend (Assistant Manager - Legal)     28 August 2013

Your mother is no more a "farmer" so even she has waived her right to buy an agricultural land.

Now if any "non farmer" wishes to buy such land (specific to the price of agricultural land and not a N.A. Land) you should ask the vendor to convert it into non-agricultural and then you are eligible to buy it without doing anything illegal or working your way around.

Or you can get a farmer status ( help available on request) and then buy the agricultural land.

Chirag Bhagat (advocate)     20 September 2013


Mitesh you can buy agri. land on your mother's name.

contact me...



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query