Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Salil Joshi (Engg)     19 November 2010

Purchase agicultural land in Maharashtra

Hello,

I have a couple of questions:

1. I recently came to know that my ancestors (great-grandfather - grandFATHER's father) had some agricultural land, that was taken away under kul-kayada. If I manage to get the 7/12 extract with this information (this extract will hopefully show that my great-grandfather was once the owner of agricultural land), will I be able to use it to purchase any agricultural land in Maharashtra ?

2. It seems that my grandmother's father also owned some agricultural land which was sold off later. Obviously, since he was my granMOTHER's father, his surname is different from mine. If I get that 7/12 extract, can I buy argicultural land using that ? Will I need to prove he was my great-grandfather?

Thanks in advance.

Learning

4 Replies

kiran 11111 (Executive)     21 November 2010

Dear Salil,

Your ancestors were agriculturist but you are no more agriculturist.Under Bombay Tenancy and Agricultural Land Act , agricultural land cannot be transfeerd to non agriculturist.However you can apply to collector of a District where you intend to purchase the land to permit to purchase land under rule 36 of Bombay Tenancy and Agricultural Land Act.

Salil Joshi (Engg)     22 November 2010

Dear Mr Panbude,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Does this work practically ? Meaning, does the collector readily oblige and give non-agriculturists the permission to purchase agricultural land ?

Any specific document / form that needs to be filled ?

Thx,

-Salil.

kiran 11111 (Executive)     26 November 2010

Dear Salil,

It is practical but you must show that you are purchasing for the bonafide purpose.You have to simply apply quoting the reasons, facts compelling you to purchase the land.

CHANDRASHEKHAR (ENGINEER)     30 November 2010

DEAR JOSHI

YOU MAY VISIT  WEBSITE  SAAT-BARA .CO .IN  FOR QUALITY INFORMATION  WRITTEN BY REVENUE DEPT OFFICER   SH GAIKWAD.PLDO WRITE YOUR VIEWS.

CHANDRASHEKHAR MARATHE

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register