Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

karu   18 January 2023

Punjab domicile for married woman

Hi,

I married a Punjab resident in 2019, am I eligible for Punjab domicile right now i.e. after 3 years of my marriage or I will have to wait for 5 years to get a domicile certificate of Punjab. Before my marriage I belonged to another state of India and this certificate is required for government job in Punjab.

Learning

4 Replies

Shashi Dhara   18 January 2023

No, now itself can apply ,change adhar cards address to new address .

karu   19 January 2023

I have already  done the change in aadhar address, but there are just 2 formats for punjab domicile certificate, one is by birth and the other one is for someone who is living in punjab for at least 5 years, how can I apply for appropriate certificate?

P. Venu (Advocate)     19 January 2023

It is the law of our land that wife acquires the domicile of the husband, Please see Section 15 & 16 of the Indian Succession Act.

15. Domicile acquired by woman on marriage.—By marriage a woman acquires the domicile of her husband, if she had not the same domicile before.

16. Wife’s domicile during marriage.—A wife’s domicile during her marriage follows the domicile of her husband.

Exception.—Thewife’s domcile no longer follows that of her husband if they are separated by the sentence of a competent Court, or if the husband is undergoing a sentence of transportation.

karu   21 January 2023

The problem here is that seva kendras just have two format for a domicile certificate, one is for someone born in punjab and the other one is for someone who has been living in punjab for more than 5 years, so according to that my certificate says that i am living in punjab for five years where as i am not thus making it questionable. What should i do please reply 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register