IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anuj   06 July 2022

Publication of gazette for name change of deceased

My mother had expired without leaving any will. Her name in Aadhaar card matches with that in PAN Card and various other financial documents. However, her name is abbreviated in the records of some companies of which she was a shareholder. Now, the RTAs are asking for a gazette notification for name change. Is it required to be done ? If yes, what is the exact and simplest procedure to cut down on time ? Is there any other alternative also available for the same ? Can an affidavit by me and an Indemnity Bond with it, not solve the same purpose ?


 3 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     07 July 2022

Just get a Succession  Certificate Under Indian Succession Act for the amounts, that is simplest and otherwsie requiered to withdraw any amounts; even your mother might have nominations with the companies.

anuj   07 July 2022

Thank you for your reply. However, the threshold being 5 lakh for a succession certificate, in my case the amount is not so much so succession certificate may not be required. Secondly, the succession certificate may enable me to inherit the property but how will it prove that the person (deceased) is same with two different names

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     07 July 2022

A simple affidavit and any KYC document self-attested is sufficient for the purpose.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query