Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vikas Sahni (Computer Engineer)     10 May 2015

Public place drinking- study visa

Hi

I'm a software engineer, currently working with an MNC in Gurgaon.I'm basically from Punjab. About a year ago, my friend and I were caught by the Police in Gurgaon. We were taken to the Police Station and then to a hospital for medical examination. We were charged under excise act 68/1/14 for public place drinking and were kept at the police station till my friend's father turned up there and bailed us out.

We pleaded guilty to the Judge a few days later at the Gurgaon Court. The judge warned us but didn't impose any fine or punishment and let us go.

I'm now planning to go to either US or Australia for higher education but I'm too worried. I don't have any other legal issue and I'm of a good moral character. All I want to really know is if this is going to cause a problem in getting the student visa for US or Australia. Some of my friends believe that this is a minor offence and it won't cause any problem while some others tell me the other way around as my name will be in a national database now. Please help me out because I'm too scared of the possible consequences. What can I do to avoid any problem in getting the visa. I really want to go for higher study and progress in life. 

Thanks.

Vikas Sahni

Learning

4 Replies

bsrao   13 May 2015

There is no issue here as you were not convicted of any offence. Please go ahead with your efforts.

yudhvir   24 June 2017

sir i am charged with 68/1/14 for drinking on public place.i am very much scared about my future.would i go to jail.plz help me. i am preparing govt i t will ruin my future please advice me what should i do. this is my first time

yudhvir   24 June 2017

sir i am charged with 68/1/14 for drinking on public place.i am very much scared about my future.would i go to jail.plz help me. i am preparing govt i t will ruin my future please advice me what should i do. this is my first time

yudhvir   24 June 2017

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register