LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dhruv   05 January 2017

Public place drinking

I was caught while drinking in public place in Gurgaon. An FIR has been filed. What will be done now. I spoke with an advocate, he told me that I may be fined 50000 under section 68/1/14 as per amenment. Please suggest as I am worried. I have just started working and my career has just started. Will there be any consequences on my career.

Learning

4 Replies

prof s c pratihar (medical practitioner &legal studies)     05 January 2017

Talk with io.charge sheet has not been yet.talk to your advocate. If medical exm has not been done.,your lawyer shall advice you further.you deny charges.

Dhruv   06 January 2017

Hi Sir

I spoke with a lawyer. He said deny charges as some facts in FIR are false. He advised me to fight case but it might take time and matter will remain open. IO demanded 2500 and said will take only 1 hearing and matter will be closed. There was no medical chek up done, but IO promised a very light case and doc wrote that I have drank Just half glass of beer and there was no test. Till now I feel I should go with IO and get the matter closed on 1st hearing. As I am studying further also, it might hamper my career. Please reply 

P. Venu (Advocate)     06 January 2017

The offence is a minor one. The IO has so far lodged the FIR. he is only trying to make some money; so is the advocate. Even if a case is made, you can plead guilty - fine unlikely to be substantial.

For the present stop chasing the case as well the IO. Wait till you receive the summons from the Court. it may be that you may not receive any.

Hemant Chaudhary   12 January 2018

Hello dhruv,  i can provide you a detailed guidance over your query..Foe better understanding kindly communicate over phone ..Regards adv Hemant chaudhary,GURGAON  PH;9654062181

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register