LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Public interest litigation


Respectable Members,

I am handling a complaint case in National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission as authorized represtative and the case is going on final argument stage since 2016 and still at the same stage and in last date in April 2019, in absence of advocates of opposition, next date was given in July 2020. You can better understand who is actually being protected consumer or service provider.

The facts of case is associated with large public interest and judgement of NCDRC case can damage service providers i.e. bank and insurance heavily through filing thousands of the consumer court cases, facts of NCDRC case also clears it as criminal offence.

For large public interest protection, i sent all facts to IRDA, RBI, Ministry of Consumer Affairs but not a single body came forward better to say protecting service provider.

Ministry of Consumer Affairs filed A CLASS ACTION SUIT against Nestle India in 2015 on the same way when i forwarded matter to file a class action suit against service provider for protection of thousands of loan customers who are being trapped/cheated since 2010 but got reply after considering all facts didn't find suitable case for A Class Action suit even it was forwarded by NCDRC.

Matter is also associated with ECONOMIC OFFENCE WING, so it was also forwarded to EOW, DELHI, matter is still pending but expecting no proper action because i was asked how this matter is related with police department and i should approach to IRDA, PIL etc. when there is crime clearly visible through facts.......in short " IF AN INSURANCE POLICY IS ALREADY DECLARED AS A WRONG POLICY TO COVER MORTGAGE LOAN BY INSURANCE OMBUDSMAN IN 2010" then any sell of same insurance policy through mortgage loan is criminal offence besides unfair trade practice, hope i am not making mistake.

On the basis of above facts please help me on following:

1. Can any knowledgable advocate in Delhi who has interest of public protection would come with me to file PUBLIC INTEREST LITIGATION, i, myself can submit PIL through letter petition but i am thinking i am not an expert and my mistake can deprive thousands from justice......Trust me I have not a single penny interest of money.

2. If police department doesn't register FIR after my complaint, to whom i should approach first Delhi Commissioner, Sub divisional magistrate or any other judicial body.

3. For A class Action suit having 'SAME INTEREST AGAINST SAME PERSON', may i file this case in NCDRC for protection of sufferers when Ministry of Consumer Affairs is not filing?



 0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register