LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Narayan (Trainer)     26 December 2009

Prperty Right of Daughter if Father is al

I am married 5 years back... and I am asking this question on behalf of my wife .... We had love-marriage and from the D-Day my father in law is not accepting this marriage and always creats non-sense scenes.My wife has 2 younger brothers.... My father in law has 2 bunglows and farm about 12 Acre at his home town.... If my wife her share in this property,what will be her share?I came to know that total property is devided in two equal shares and then 1 part is given to brothers and other to sisters? If yes, how it is be done? Or for which property my wife can claim?? Bunglows are self made but Farm is ancestral...... and plz let me know what to do if her father took decision of not to give anything to my wife.........

Learning

2 Replies

niranjan (civil practice)     26 December 2009

The property which is self acquired property of father,he can do whatever he likes,but so far the farm land is concerned as you said it is ancestral,you can ask for share. and your wife can file suit for partition.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     27 December 2009

The self acquired property can be bequeathed to anybody by the owner. Your wife can claim a proportionate share in the ancestral property.

Kishor Mehta

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register