LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ANANT N PHIRKE (Assistant Professor)     31 August 2013

Provident fund mishandling

I am working as Assistant Prof. in a partially aided college and my salary is claimed from government of Maharashtra.The college deducted  PF from my salary regularly every month and deposited it in Employee Pf account instead of Govt. pf account for the period 1995-2010.In 2010 the college opened GPf account and started depositing Pf in it and assured me that the pf will be transferred from epf to gpf account. But till date the college has not transferred the P.F. amount to my GPF account. This act of not transferring has resulted in dual accounts Viz. P.F. amount partially in E.P.F. account and the remaining in G.P.F. account.The E.P.F. account has become dormant or inoperative from July 2013 and due to nonpayment of P.F. contribution for a period of 36 months in continuation, E.P.F organization  will discontinue paying interest on P.F. deposits which approximates to about Rs.90000 per year @ 8.5% interest, increasing thereafter every year,. So every year I will not get tax free interest on P.F. contributions.How can I challenge the legally?

Learning

1 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 September 2013

facts do not chance by repeated query at

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Two-pf-accounts-in-same-job-88588.asp#.UjcICn_Qzmk

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register