LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manish singh (mba)     10 January 2011

protection of marriage

i did marriage with my girlfriend under the special marriage act 1954.my parents have no objection but her parents have.my wife and i have hidden this marriage from her parents. she us living in her parents home and i m in mine . at her home nobody knows abt this.our friends have told us to hide this for 3 month for protection of our marriage from any problem created by her parents. and then we are planing to leave home and reside outside.pls tell me about this law that really after 3 month we will have no problem if we will leave home . in such case her parents can file case of abduction. what i shud do before escaping home. i shud lodge an application in police station she is going with me by her own wishes or in court. that her parents cant torture us the basis of abduction charge . or sth else we shud do. we cant say her parents becz they cant accept this and will try to break this marriage by several hathkandas.

Learning

4 Replies

Mohit Attri (lawyer)     10 January 2011

u didnot mention the age of ur wife.

manish singh (mba)     10 January 2011

my is 25 n hers is 23 yrs. we r pursuing mba together in a same institute

Mohit Attri (lawyer)     11 January 2011

now ur marrige is inrevokeable.so no need t  afraid  4m them. a simple application move to SSP office for protection.they cannt file suit of abduction bcoz ur wife is 23 yr nd having consent so plz dnt afraid frm thm.u did ur marriage under spcl hindu marrge act so ur marrige is already registred nd u hve fullfilled all the neccssry conditions of spcl hindu marrge act. so enjoy ur married life .god bless u both.

Latika Singh (Legal Executive)     12 January 2011

Dear Manish,

If ur wife age is more than 18, then dont worry at all. you dont need to wait for 3 months. Just go to nearest police station and lodge nc stated that you have fear from her parents, they may creat any problem in future. Thats it.

Enjoy your married life with your legally wedded wife buddy, go ahead.........

Regards,

Latika

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register