LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

u santhosh   16 September 2016

Protect my love and save us please

sir i am santhosh . i am from vizag i am in love with my girl she is from hyderabad. my age is 25 years and the girl 24 years old.we both were hindus.but different cast and different telugu states andhra and telangana. we informed our love to our parents.but girl parents were obstructing our marriage. its nearly one year, I lost her contact, they took over her mobiles, blocked her sims contact numbers and they tried to change her mind. but after one year with help of her friend i got message from her. That their parents are trying for some other matches against to girl decision . My girl is not willing for that.So thier parents are blackmailing and thearting her. They are also doing emotional blackmail, saying that there parents will go for suicide if we approach police or they will kill both of us.. we have a no chance to elope and to do register marriage or arya samaj marriage because she was in tight house arrest in her house.with so hardly she sent message from her friend she said that she cant live without me. if not she is ready for suicide. I can't lose her i am ready to fight and face any odds. . Present i am waiting for govt job, it is ready to start police verification and it will take hardly 3 months to complete police verification.but there parents are planning for arrange marriage within in this gap. if i approach police they are ready to file false case against me so i will lose my job. meanwhile i am expecting 2 more opportunities from public sector. so sir please help me. give me advise. 1) What should i do to release her from house arrest ? 2) How can i avoid false case against me,( I am having letter from her will it help me) ? 3).Their parents may beat her and she may get injured from her brother how can i protect her legally? i need my girl,its my duty to save her.i want to live with her and I cant live without her .i am ready to face any odds. please help me.

Learning

9 Replies

Rohit Subbayya (Advocate)     16 September 2016

There is no law in India that recognises love or eloping etc.,

Both of you are adults as per law and are legally entitled to get married - there is no bar against your marriage. Further, neither your parents, nor hers can harm you physically etc.

All these things are fine on paper, but the harsh reality is completely different. As the person above me as advised you, if you want to avoid unwanted complications and drama and end up ruining your life stuck in Courts and Police Station. 

Originally posted by : Martin Sujay
Cases which will be filed against you. 375, 359, 366. By the time you come out of these cases you'll be 35-38.
Chances are you can get convicted under all sections of law if u try to elope with her.

Boy, Ur 24? N u consider yourself an adult? You are at the mercy of Ur parents n so is she.
Parents not agreeing is first sign this proposal won't work. You can contact police n they can get u married. But what if her parents commit suicide? U will be booked for abetting to commit suicide.

Suppose if u both get married in PS. Think is it even worthy a place to start married lyf?

Vishakapatnam to Hyd? Travel time ? Expenses police will give? Is there scheme in andhra govt to provide housing facilities to couple who have got married in PS?

Forget thus girl. Concentrate on career. Settle. Then think.of mrg.

sir but sir she will die without me i can't  live without her.

what wrong we have done we are major we are willing to live together. we tried to convince her .but they gave importance to cast but not  us.Is it not crime.If we died then will they get punish ? is it not wrong to do house arrest and make unwilling marriage ? i

if i obtain compliant from my girl against to their parents will it help me to avoid false case against me?

If she is willing to file the complaint against her parents, you may have a chance. But however, neither the police, nor the society in general will be supportive in these cases. Hence please think carefully before venturing into this.

ok but first step i have to stop that marriage because they are doing marriage forcibly so what should i do ? later i can convince their parents.

Originally posted by : u santhosh
ok but first step i have to stop that marriage because they are doing marriage forcibly so what should i do ? later i can convince their parents.

Life is not a movie. There cannot be any sort of legal action to stop a marriage, unless the said marriage is deemed illegal, for which you seem to have little evidence except that the girl loves you. Therefore once again it is best advised for you to not pursue any rash steps and get into a soup.

Satya Narayan Mohanty   16 September 2016

Agree with others. Don't try to solve this legally. It will complicate the matter more and I am sure you both will find it more difficult to come out. You both are adult and have all right to marry as per your choice. Ask her be to strong and take a stand. If she does not want to marry, nobody can forcefully get her married. Legal provisions in India as far as I know are not much friendly

u santhosh   17 September 2016

I am very thankfull  to all for your advice.u said right sir children and parents love is true.I don't like to build gap between her and her father.I have lot  of respect on her father i treat him equally to my father i will give same respect what i give to my father. even though they utter vulgar words and scolding i kept my respect on her father i beared all that. nearly one year i trying to convince her father i contacted their family members also sir.they need govt job i am also working hard for that. sir but i am not attracted at her i can say with 100% sure it not a infatuation.one year i waited for her message if it is infatuation within one year gap i may forget year.i faceed lot of hurdles in this gap if it is infatuation i may turn to my safe side. sir i need her and her family also.I know the value of love i don't want divide father and daughter.meanwhile i have to save her,girl is ready to do suicide.we cant elope if we plan to elope that than there is no need inform our love to their parents. but their reputation will get damage .we are not selfish sir.

sir but i need some help to make them understand our love. My family members are also trying to convince them,but her remained adamant against love marriage.now it is time to me get govt job.i expect job from 2 public sectors. one side career and one side my life i am totally confuse. sir please give me any idea so i can hold their parents still i join into job it will take 3 months sir. how should i avoid false case on me. If i get job i will obtain their family member support to convince her father .please help me sir.

sai narayana   19 September 2016

Eloping and marrying at temple is different from marrying at registrar office in presence of witnesses. If you don't want to risk that then the girl only can save herself from this situation by some bold moves.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register