Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay M Sakpal (CV Writer)     18 February 2015

Property without will / inheritance

Hi

We have ancestral agricultural property in my native which is not in my father's name but we do pay the taxes for the same. My father had two brothers and one of his uncles have no child hence when my father's uncle died they decided that my father can take is land and take care of his widow as well as do the rituals for the deceased. Accordingly my father said he won't have any rights for his father's share which can be distributed among his two brothers and he will have share of his uncle. 

My father does not have adoption papers, death certificate for his uncle and aunt. Still that agricultural property is in his uncles' (deceased) name. And the taxes are paid in his name only. My questions are

How could I get it transferred in my father's name?

Will the procedures need me to appoint any legal advisor?

Looking for swift replies to deal with this issue.

Learning

6 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     18 February 2015

Your father has to get legal heir certificate to prove his rights on that property. 

Vijay M Sakpal (CV Writer)     18 February 2015

Thanks for your reply, though can you advice how will we get such certificate. What is the procedure for the same. 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     18 February 2015

You can meet me with available documents. After going through only I can advise. Our address is at Mayurmarg,Begumpet, Hyderabad, Telangana state. call before you come. our mobile no:9989324294

Vijay M Sakpal (CV Writer)     19 February 2015

I don't find it viable as I am from Mumbai and got land in Raigad District of Maharashtra.

Jaya Pathak (Paralegal)     20 February 2015

Hello Vijay,

You will need death certificates, legal heirs certificate as Ramachary Sir advised.

BTW are you sure the property is ancestral? Since you are saying at one part in your post it is ancestral and then you are talking about your uncle's name is on the agricultural property so it raises doubt. 

There is a lot of mis-conception about the term "ancestral". 

If you want I can recommend you a good lawyer in Mumbai.  

Thanks

Jaya 

Vijay M Sakpal (CV Writer)     22 February 2015

Hi Jaya

Thanks for your reply, and advice from a good lawyer will surely help.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register