Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramakrishnan (Chief Engineer)     12 August 2022

Property transfer from wife to husband

I had purchased a couple of lands in my wife's name(registered in her name) out of my funds completely. Please advise how to get them transferred in my name without incuring further expenses as she does not want to own any property in her name . One of them is held jointly by us.


 2 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     12 August 2022

It is not possible without expenses. Even if your wife executes a Gift deed for the properties in your favour you have to pay stamp duty and registration charges. For the joint property, she may execute a release deed in your favour releasing her right over her share and it also requires stamp duty and registration fees.

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     13 August 2022

Get her a registered deed with two eyewitnesses that the schedule properties are returned back to you and that she doesn't have any objection it these are re registered in your sole name as now she doesn't want to keep her name in the properties so as to hold it jointly with you or solely and that she is very much aware that the schedule properties have been acquired on your sole earnings.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register