LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pareshshah (owner)     15 August 2010

Property Transfer by will

My aunt ( mothers sister) , who was unmarried , died in 2001 . She had no other relatives except my mother who also died 3 days after my aunt's death. I am the only child of my mother am the only beneficiary in her will. My aunt has also made a will in which i am the sole beneficiary.

My aunt has 2 properties........

Property A is aunt + mother joint

Property B is aunt alone

How do I get these properties transferred in my name.... Do I have to get a probate?

How much will it cost?

Learning

3 Replies

Nu.Delhi.Law.Fora. (Advocate-on-Record Supreme Court of India)     15 August 2010

Dear Querist,

Having read and considered the facts given by you in the forum, I am of the preliminary view that Will in your favour has to be probated (in some State, its not necessary) to get th ename transferred in your name & the property wherein right, title & interest has not been transferred in your favour, the same may done so by filing suit for declaration, etc.

Trust this would suffice.

Rabin Majumder

Advocate & Attorney

For Nu.Delhi.Law.Fora

New Delhi

1 Like

pareshshah (owner)     16 August 2010

Thanks Sir....... Could you clarifywhether I would require probate in Gujarat. Also the approximate cost involved

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     17 August 2010

You are transfer your name in revenue/government/society record as per WILL.

I think for  Probate certificate the charge is 3% stamp on total value of property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register