Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Saravanan (Technical Lead)     28 June 2013

Property share between brothers

Hello Sir/Madam,

I would like to clear my doubt on the property share. We own a land near chennai, its in my father name. But my father passed away few years ago. We are three brothers and i am the younger one. 

Now we are planning to divide the property between three of us. My elder brother says that the first portion of the land (which is near the road or street) always comes to the eldest son in the family and second portion to second elder sone and the last portion to the younger one. Is this rule comes under any Property Law? Or it is being followed in our culture as the eldest son puts his effort for the family after his fathers income.

Could anyone please clarify me in this regard. Thanks in advance. 

Best Regards,

Saravanan. V

Learning

3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     28 June 2013

no.  In general, the property can be divided into equal or un-equal shares as the legal heirs decided with mutual consent or on the advice of named and signed mediators. 

prakharved (Medical officer)     02 July 2013

@saravanan

There is no such rule in Property Laws. It is up to the heirs, to divide the land in whichever way they like. It only depends on the consensus they reach

Regards

prakharved (Medical officer)     02 July 2013

@saravanan

There is no such rule in Property Laws. It is up to the heirs, to divide the land in whichever way they like. It only depends on the consensus they reach

Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register