LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Technologist (Business owner)     25 February 2014

Property share

My mother who is in India had fallen ill recently. She was admitted to a hospital and I was not able to go see her on account of my financial hardship. My brother who is an influential lawyer in Cochin made me to believe that my mother had made a Will and he told me that the Will becomes invalid if I read it. The contradictory thing is that the Will was drafted by him as he is a lawyer in the family and my mother simply signed it according to my lawyer-brother's directions.

I'm currently living in the USA and due to the great recession here, my finances are very acutely bad. My savings are depleted and my house was put on foreclosure.

My brothers were taking advantage of my situation for quite sometime. The latest drama was subjecting my poor elderly and weak mom for series of medical tests that may weaken her body and health. This had cause me an awful stress and I haven't slept since she was admitted to hospital.

I'm at the point that I may not be able to attend my mother's funeral if she were to pass away soon because of the lack  of money to go to India from the USA. Many unnecessary tests that she had undergone including with radioactive dyes made her very weak. I'm so worried and didn't sleep since she was admitted in the hospital for a minor thing and a whole lot of tests which made her health worse. I had nothing but tears and prayers her.

My question is that if I can't show up for my mother's funeral,  do I loose what is in the Will as I don't know what and how crookedly my brother wrote this up and asked my mom to sign it. Kindly advise on this matter. I may need to retain an attorney by the way my brothers were acting on me for quite sometime.  Therefore, kindly recommend me a good honest attorney in Calicut, Kerala. Thank you in anticipation..  

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register