Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

c.................... (business)     08 August 2012

Property share

Dear sir/ madam,

My wife stays in my house in mumbai filled a case dv and not allowing me to stay in my house creats havoc and demanding share in my property where I donot want divorce.She with her consent asking me to remarry to another women for my convineince.

please advice me to hoe safe my property .

thanking you.

Learning

2 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     08 August 2012

If the house is in your name - then she cannot assert ownership rights on the same, however insist on a right to stay in that house if that was your matrimonial home/shared household. Since there is a law on the anvil which would give her propreitary rights in your property - consider gifting or selling away this property if the same has not been stayed by the Court.

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     08 August 2012

1. She has no propreitary rights over your property as of now, but since there is one such law that maybe passed in near future, considering selling or gifting that house, if there is no stay granted on the same.

2. Your wife can at max, as long the house is with you, seek right to residence.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register