LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Reena Sri   21 May 2023

Property rights after disowned

Hi my father is no more and my mother disowned me from my father's property and now she is no more but she didn't has any will and i am single child so how can i get my property back 

Learning

2 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     21 May 2023

Whether your father has executed any will, gift, sale or any other document qua transfer of properties left by him in favour of your mother (since deceased)?

What is the status of properties left behind by deceased parents, viz; it is their ancestral or self acquired ? 

Show relevant documents to a local prudent lawyer for proper analyses and professional advise.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     21 May 2023

Your mother cannot disown you from the property, especially if the property was owned by your father.

She had a chance of transferring her share to anyone during her lifetime, but you state that she is reported to have died intestate, hence as a legal heir to your parents you are entitled to inherit the property as a right.

You can take steps to obtain legal heirship certificate, then you can approach revenue department to get the revenue records in respect of the inherited property to your name on the basis of death certificate and legal heirship certificate in support of your claim.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register