Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rekha221 (housewife)     13 July 2012

Property rights?


My grandmother had 100 cents( my grandfather’s sister sold to grandparents , ie registered to my grandmother’s name25 cents + grandmother’s mother  gave to my grandmother  75cents land, she was a house wife) ,  grandpa had 25 cents (grandfather’ s father  gave to him) and father has 75 cents of land (he bought  himself in 95).


In 2006my grandparents dead. My father is the only son of my grandparents (no sisters or brothers). He has another two daughters for a separate relation. After my grandparents death he transferred all properties to (separate relation) other daughters without informing us . Actually my grandma agreed me to give us her property share and my father also agreed .  We are Hindus from south India.



 Pls advise me.




 2 Replies

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     14 July 2012

father is free to transfer and give to anyone only that 75 cent land which is self acquired by him in year 1995 or whenever ,rest land will be distrubuted among all the sharees equally including you

your share can not be transfereed to anyone if it is transfered you can get it back by interference of the ld court.

call me as i need few more detail on it 9459321520

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     14 July 2012

Your father's  75 cent land was his self acquired land so he was free to transfer it as per his wish and no one has right to challenge the same .Apart from 75 cent land remaining land is ancestral which could not be sold /transferred legally by your father.In ancestral property you have also share with your sisters and father so challenge it in the court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads