Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SHEKHAR KUAMR (PROPRIETOR)     10 October 2013

Property right of widow if want to remarry

Dear Sir

I have following question

1.   If window of deceased want to stay with her parents without taking any responsibility children of her deceased husband, what about her right to take her istridhan with herself without giving any thing to her children,

Are children have any right in the istirdhan (gift from both sides i.e. her parents and in laws at the time of marriage )of her mother, if  she is not going to take their responsibility ? 

Assuming that deceased husband have two minor children one 7 year old and other 4 years old, widow mother and brother married all live in joint family & having joint family business.

2.  If her deceased husband has some loan form any financial institution for their business what is the right of widow in the insurance policy amount of her deceased husband. Whether the death claim is utilised first to repay that loan or not. 

Learning

1 Replies

gd dy (gd dy)     10 October 2013

@ queriest:

1.   If window of deceased want to stay with her parents without taking any responsibility children of her deceased husband, what about her right to take her istridhan with herself without giving any thing to her children,
Are children have any right in the istirdhan (gift from both sides i.e. her parents and in laws at the time of marriage )of her mother, if  she is not going to take their responsibility ?
Assuming that deceased husband have two minor children one 7 year old and other 4 years old, widow mother and brother married all live in joint family & having joint family business.

on stridhan only stri has claim of her rightful ownership on it.

2.  If her deceased husband has some loan form any financial institution for their business what is the right of widow in the insurance policy amount of her deceased husband. Whether the death claim is utilised first to repay that loan or not.

depend on nature of policy. otherwise first claim of creditor of deccess only thn on balance to heirs. [ here heirs means spouse and children and parent of decessaed if not willed ]

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register