LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jayshree   17 March 2020

Property related

An agreement for sale was made between us in 2015 as I needed a loan in mutual concent .He is a money lender but bears no licence it is mentioned in the agreement that the buyer has made a token amount for rs 30 L further I did not not receive any amount till today . Forcefully he has kept his furniture in my house and harressing me . I have already started returning him his amount but now he is demanding from me 50L .what am I supposed to do now should I first make a police complaint or should I send a legal notice through advocate asking on what ground he is asking an amount of 50 L.

Learning

4 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     17 March 2020

What have you been doing since 2015, i.e, why did you not get the agreement executed?

You should issue legal notice to seek refund of the amount stated to have been paid by you, which the money lender has acknowledged.

It is advisable to consult a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts/ document, professional guidance and necessary proceeding.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     17 March 2020

It is better you take help from police, just explain your situation to police and get your peace fo mind. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 March 2020

The sale agreement entered with him in the year 2015 is not valid and he cannot enforce the same.

You can issue a legal notice instructing him to take out his furniture or else you will throw them outside on the street. 

You can then either approach police for criminal trespass or court of law for suitable remedy.

Jayshree   31 March 2020

Thank you sir but as of this emergency situation I am unable to approach police at this stage can I approach the police once the situation comes to normal . Awaiting for your suggestion

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register