LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mick (IT profesional)     10 June 2013

Property registration

Hello Real Estate Law Experts,

I would really appreciate if someone can advise me on my query. We have a property (2 floors) which is registered on my grandfathers name and now those 2 floors have to transfered/registered separately to their 2 sons. Can you please advise me on the procedure and the cost involved in this.




 4 Replies

Mick (IT profesional)     10 June 2013

Addition to my above query. The 2 floors are in south delhi, India

Hemang (Advocate)     10 June 2013

There are two floors and to be disposed of by way of trasnfer by the original owner. Hence, the sale deed can be executed and registered in the name of the proposed purchaser. (However, I would make a counter question. Is it really there that the grand father enters into a real sale transaction? Or that you are making an attempt to get the names of the sons on revenue record? ) Before completely resolving your issue, following particulars are required: 


What is the status of the said property? Does it belong to the Grand father, or that the same is derived from joint family property? Whether such property is a self acquired property of Grand father? 

Mick (IT profesional)     10 June 2013

I should have probably mentioned in my initial q that the grandfather has passed away. There is no dispute its just that grandfathers 2 sons need to get each floor transfer/registered on their individuals name. So basically need to what is the procedure and the cost involved in transfer/Registration for each son?

Q Does it belong to the Grand father, or that the same is derived from joint family property?
A. The property was bought by my grandfather and originally belonged to granfather and not derived from joint ownership.

Hope i was able to answer your queries and would be grateful for your precised answer on this. Thanks

prakharved (Medical officer)     27 June 2013



Did your grandfather have only two sons or are there any other heirs to the property?


The following documents would be required for the trnasfer title of inherited property:

1.Succession Certificate

2.Encumberance Certificate

3. Khata


The Transfer of title can be done through mutation of revenue records/ transfer of Khata.


I suggest that you get in contact with a good property lawyer to take care of the smooth transfer of the given property. I suggest you visit www.lawkonect.com, if you have any query or require detailed information on your query, like the documents required, and the exact procedure to follow, you can get a detailed reply to your question from practicing property lawyers. On www.lawkonect.com you can hire property lawyers in delhi who will  handle  the process for you. 



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register