LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

meena reddddy (student)     06 November 2014

Property registration

My father died recently. My mother is the third wife of my father. Before my father married my mother as third wife, my mother was already married to another guy. With another husband, my mother has two daughters.

My father gave all the property documents to my mother before his death without WILL. At the moment, there is NO will.

My father's, 1st wife is claiming all the rights against the property. My father's, 1st wife is also claiming that I am NOT born to my father. 

In this situation, what are my rights. Would I get property share?

PLEASE reply

thanks

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 November 2014

If your mother is the third wife to your father, what about the other two wives?, were they properly divorced or not?, if not, then the first wife can very well claim a share in your father's intestate property as a legal heir to your deceased father, the other two wives will not be entitled to any share in the property, however, if it was your father's own property, as a daughter to your father, you can very well claim a share in the intestate property as his legal heir, consult a good lawyer in the local and proceed as per his further advise.

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     06 November 2014

The first wife and yourself can claim the property.  Your third wife and second wife will not get any right in the property. For further doubts contact me ravinder2345@gmail.com or 7893011777. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register