LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Oliver (Software Engineer)     12 July 2013

Property partition of father's house after his death

We are two brother,one sister and my mother. my brother and sister both are married (year 2000 and 2002 resp.). I want to know about my father's house after his death, he left no will, what's legal way to divide house. We are Hindu. Same question is already posted in forum but that one is old post.   I am confuse with two things

1. only one heir my mother


2. Me,my mother,borther n sister (4 heirs ) all will share equally.


 3 Replies

Hemang (Advocate)     12 July 2013

If, the property was self acquired property of your father and no will is made in relation to that property, the property has to be divided amongst the family members.All have right in the property, including your dear mother, brother and sister.

1 Like

Oliver (Software Engineer)     12 July 2013

Thanks a lot Hemang

Dr. Jyothi Vishwanath (Associate Professor of Law)     12 July 2013

Agreed to the experts. Even if the property is ancestral property the division method will slightly differ. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register