Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

theczar (Branch Sales Manager)     30 September 2009

Property Partition

Dear Sir/Madam,request suggestion on the below situation:

Property is in the name of my paternal grandmother who is no more, There is no will of hers.My grand mother has two sons and one daughter(All married). Now my father who is the eldest has spent lot of money in the renovation/construction of the old house thinking that he will be living with undivided family after retirement.. But after sometime my uncle's motive has changed and he is asking for partition. please suggest as to what share my father will get and whether my aunt is having any right over the property?what is the procedure for property partition

Learning

3 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     30 September 2009

Ur father will get 1/3 rd share in the properties.  Go in a smooth way and try to recover the expeneses of renovation from ur uncle and aunty

m.kupparaju (Advocate)     30 September 2009

Mr.Rajeev S Vadrali is absolutely correct.  Kindly follow his instruction and you will be suitalbly rewarded.

Sabir Bose (Service)     01 October 2009

As per Hindu Succession Act, all the 2 sons ( your father & Uncle) & the married daughter (your aunty) will get equal share of the property.

For Partition of the property, your have to go for partition deed & get it registered, as per the provision of Registration Act. There will one Partition Deed. For your convenience, in the deed itself, you should mention who will hold the original one. Others can have certified copy of it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register