IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nikhil   24 March 2023

Property name transfer

My sister owns a flat in Chennai and wants to transfer the ownership to me(her brother). I checked with one of the property agents here, he mentioned a settlement deed will be suffice to transfer the ownership. Can anyone please guide if a settlement deed will be sufficient or should we register a gift deed?


 5 Replies

Shashi Dhara   24 March 2023

In lok Adalat  compromise .

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     24 March 2023

She can make a gift deed,  However in the settlement deed you have to settle the property against something.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     24 March 2023

Get executed registered gift deed.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     24 March 2023

Gift deed is good. In settlement deed, you have to pay stamp duty on market value of your property. However, in a gift deed can be executed for your own family i.e in blood relation i.e son , daughter, brother sister etc . very less stamp duty is chargeable

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     24 March 2023

Yes. A gift deed is a better one.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query