Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suman (Engineer)     07 February 2014

Property name change

Hi all,

We have a home in the name of my father. my Father expired about 12 years ago. now we want to change the ownership to my mom only. how it is possible. should i need Lawyer or contact with municipality. and what will be the approx cost to change the name. plot is around 2 kottha (1440 sq ft) however porcha still not available with us. though we regularly pay property tax and khajna (land tax).

If any further information is required please let me know. I need to change the name as early as possible. please help me.

Learning

3 Replies

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     07 February 2014

First step would be to prove yourself as Legal Heir, thereafter the process will be initiated for transfer of property in the name of person concerned.

Better seek help of some local lawyer.

1 Like

Suman (Engineer)     07 February 2014

Thanks Mr Kiran Kumar,

would u please little elaborate the procedures. we are all (me, my sister and my mom) legal heir. but we want to change the name to mom only. however what kind of prove we require and what type of lawyer should i consult for this. can you please give me a little idea about the charges of lawyer and charges for transfer of name. thanks.

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     11 February 2014

It will be better to visit some lawyer and know abt the local procedure....a moderate fee will be charged by the lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register