Property matter

My father died 4 years ago . he had a property in south Delhi which he got from his father . my father had six children 3 son & 3 daughter . among them he made a will in favor of two of his sons . the property was a corner one and the will does not explains that if divided which of his son gets the corner one . secondly the papers of the property were misplaced . now the two son mutually decided for the area and want to transfer the same in their names . what would be the procedure of transfer and how much expense will it costs .kindly help me as i don't have much knowledge in this case
legal advisor

the will needs to be executed and the property needs to be mutated on their names by producing the necessary documents at the tahsildars office 


Lawyer at Supreme Court of India



How did yor father received the property from his father i.e. qua Will, Gift Deed or intestate. 


Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 


Advocate & Solicitor at Law

Have the concerned registrars office mutate the property in the favour of the two brother. The same shall be subject to receipt of NOC from the other legal heirs. Thereafter execute a family settlement and have the same registered as per law.

A very valid query has also been raised by Mr Chandna. The outcome of the property shall be contingent on the said issue raised by him.

Augustine Chatterjee

Advocate & Solicitor at Law





Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
New Course - IBC!     |    x