LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aaditya   09 September 2015

Property legacy and widow harrassment issue

Hi, Coming straight to point. My mom dad got married in 1985.my dad was too poor at time of marriage that there was no home bt a zopda. My nana gave dowry of money for purchasing plot and making house which was to be named after my mom.However my mom was not married by then but at engagement since the money was collected my dad brought the plot in my Daadi name without knowledge of Nana and mom. Post couple year of marriage when they started building house my mom came to know about the cheating. However since that time my both uncles were barely 11 and 8years old my mom didn't paid the attention and being the eldest she raised them and married them.In 1995 some normal dispute turned rough and my mom was beaten by my first uncles wife and uncle. Since my dad was in defence we were always posted and used to come here once a year for maximum 5-7 days but after the fued, things started becoming worse.Last year my dad passed away because of cancer.And since he died, he was retired on the same day by defence services. So we were asked to vacate government accomodation.Now when my mom came back here.She is being harassed and was even beaten last night when I went for shopping. My mom wants the whole plot now since the relations with in laws has soured. She says it was brought of her dowry money and that too was by fraud was named in my daadi (father's mom) name. Now everyone is advocating that since the property is named to daadi irrespective of hook crook dowry and fraud involved, she is the owner and my mom has to leave the house if she says so.though this has given a valuable lesson to me that we should not do such things in our parents name as they can deny our children I want to know if I should pursue the case for plot and what are the odds to win the plot brought by my mom's dowry.Also I am going to file a dowry harrassement and domestic violence case against my uncle and daadi.please suggest.

Learning

1 Replies

puja saxena (private practice)     09 September 2015

Aditay do you have any proof of amount which your father got as a dowry a nd whether there are any similarity between value of land and dowry money.pl tell me or you can file dv case through your mother and claim her right to residence in her matrimonial home, you can contact me if you have any query at 9871558892

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register