LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjay   30 May 2016

Property in the name of husband only


Mr. X living in the property with his Wife and two major children (one married). He sold his residential house to Mr. Y on agreed consideration. In the title deed, only Mr. X name was there. Now Mr. Y wants the possession of the property, but wife and children of Mr. X is not vacating the property and claiming that as this house is the matrimonial house and wife of Mr. X and on the other side Mr. X is requesting his wife to come with him in new house, but she is denying. My question is that 

1. Can wife of Mr. X deny to Mr. Y to vacate the house ?
2. Can Children of Mr. X deny to Mr. Y to vacate the house ?
3. In these types of cases, how long it takes to resolve the matter by court ?


 4 Replies

Kapil Chandna (Lawyer at Supreme Court of India)     30 May 2016



She cannot ... Mr Y can file the suit for vacant and peacefull possession. 


Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 


1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 May 2016

Agreed with expert's advise.

1 Like

sanjay   30 May 2016

Thank Mr. Kapil for your reply. 

Can you please clear me that how much tile does court take to resolve these types of cases ?



sanjay   01 October 2016

Any Update ??

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query