LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sidhartha Agarwal   19 February 2019

Property in the name of a friend.

If my friend wants to buy a flat for me In my name and make payment by his account. What are the legal formalities.


 3 Replies

NSV VARA PRASAD   20 February 2019

Benami Transactions (Prohibition) Act applies in this matter.  Consult your local Advocate.

1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     20 February 2019

In any contract there must be some consideration or love and affection to gift , otherwise, you become a Benami of your friend who might have hidden income.

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     21 February 2019

It can be purchased for you in your name.

However, if you do not want in your name, ask him to purchase in someother person's or my name..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register