Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nivel Patel   31 July 2015

Property help regarding kabja rashid

My mother died on 25th March 2015. We are living in the co-op housing society. right now all bills inlcluding light bill, municipal taxes are in name of my mother. We dont have dastavej of home we have kabja rashid only.

I am the only son of my parents so now we are 4 in our family. My father, my wife , my son (9 years) and Me. 

I want to know Do i have a right my part in property? As my father wants to sell it. Can he sell without my signature as there is no dastavej?

What should i do to take my part before selling or while selling?


 2 Replies

Kapil Chandna (Lawyer at Supreme Court of India)     31 July 2015



You can write to the registrar that your father may sell the property which was in your mother's name and make a public notice of the same to be on a safer side that whosoever would deal with the property will be at his own risk.

Rest seek partition and claim your share.


Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate


Milap Mehta   03 September 2022

Kabja file property in Suart are being regularize.  Any person having possession more than 12 year will eligible to apply for regularize the property to City Survey office. You require following documents

1) Chain of Kabja file and other property documents if any

2) Electricity bill

3) Vera bill

4) Aadhar card Stamp duly will be payable and thereafter Sanad will be issued by the City Survey office.  

Further information,  Please contact me at Surat Milap Mehta - 7405622028

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query