FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Property from grand father

My grandfather and my father passed away. 2 acres of the property was in my grand father's name. I have my father's death certificate. I don't have my grandfather's death certificate. How can I change it to mine.


 8 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     15 July 2017

Apply  death  certificate of your grandfather from Registrar of Boirths  and Deaths available at MUNICIAL CORPORTION. APPLY FOR LEGAL HEIR CERTIFICATE FROm  local Tehsil Office Then get th eproperty mutatedin your name..

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     15 July 2017

Is your grand mother living ?  Is your father the only child to your grandfather ?  You can claim the share of your father with your other sibblings and not a bit more.

P. Venu (Advocate)     15 July 2017

You can work out a settlement deed with all the legal heirs of the grandfather and execute the same; subsequently, mutation could be carried out.

Azhagananth (Lawyer)     15 July 2017

1. Does your father is the only son of your father?

2. Whether Grandmother is alive or not?

3. Obatined Legal Heir Certificate of your Granfather? - in your favour


Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 July 2017

It is believed that you are all HIndu.


Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 July 2017

If grandfather died before your father then your father might have submitted the death certificate to local O/o Authority under whose jurisdiction property falls say: Patwaari.

Obtain mutation records with link docs.


Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 July 2017

You can also obtain it/a copy from O/o Local Authority say: Registrar Of Deaths, Births.........



Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 July 2017

IN case of Hindu male 1st right is of ClassI legal heirs e.g; Mother (if alive as on date of death), Wife (if alive as on date of death), sons,daughters.............

IN case of HIndu Woman tha nature and source of property matters and  1st right for self acquired/absolute property is of: Husband (if alive as on date of death), sons ,daughters......


Legal heir certificate is usually issued by O/o Tehsildar....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query