LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhavna   26 March 2017

Property family issue

Property was on name of my mother. After her death and as she did not write any will ...property I suppose is divided equally among me , my father and my sister.(1/3rd each). Right now we all are staying happily together but since last few months my father has started troubling me. Now if this is the case, and property has rental income then how can I claim my right over my part of rental income and the property. If it's needed to sell the property at later time...how can I do it.

Learning

10 Replies

(Guest)

I am of the opinion that it is duty of children to look after their parents in old age.  Anyway he will die some day and his share also will come to you people only.  Let him enjoy the rent.  Let go.  Be peaceful.  Stay happy.  If you are adamant you can go to court.  Hindus are famous for fighting it out in court regarding property matters as against Muslims.  You can also fight for the rent distribution which should be equal in nature.  Adjustment is best policy.  Talk to father regarding this or simply let go the rent.  You will have place in vykunta.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 March 2017

It is believed that you are all Hindu.

Confirm!

1st right on self acquired estate of Hindu Woman is of her; Husband, Sons, Daughters.............

So your father has equal share.

Try to settle the matter amicably.

You can claim share/mense profits.

Your father can  also act  against you..............it is never ending dispute.

Settle amicably.

GANDHI MOHAN BHARATI (Pensioner)     27 March 2017

I agree with all experts. Let your father live the rest of his life peacefully. Howevever, if you suspect that he is wrongfully doing something with the property, then protect ypurself

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     27 March 2017

Hon. Experts, While proper legal advice is offered, to mention any community on this platform is in bad taste. Kishor Mehta

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 March 2017

The property that devolves by inheritance should acquire status of Self Acquired.

Self acquired property can be disposed by owner in his/her life time by a valid/registered deed say;WILL/Gift/Sale etc …………..

This holds true for Father and children.

shrenik (lawyer)     27 March 2017

Mr kishore comunity is asked as hindu sucesion law differs from.muslim law Thats why community needs to asked

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 March 2017

You seem to have many issues related to property from Parents/In Laws side.

The litigation can be protracted and stressful in such matters.

A Senior Citizen Parent if feeling harassed can proceed against his children for maintaiance and even to deny any share in his estate, and even to  evict………………

The accustations, disputes and altercations are a never ending……………….but stressful act.

Preferably: Remain gentle and amiable and resolve all matters amicably.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 March 2017

Obtain mutation record from authority under whose jurisdiction property falls.

Submit death certificate, legal heir certificate, and requisite form etc to the authority and inheritance shall be recorded/updated in mutation records.

Obtain latest mutation records, showing ownership/share by inheritance.

Owner can dispose his/her estate in his/her life time by a valid deed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register