Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Brachy   08 April 2017

Property documents from sub registrar office

Dear experts,

I am going through a matrimonial discord with my spouse. Can my spouse get access to my property documents by applying for Khata, EC etc through sub registrar office by paying fees. Can I prevent this this disclosure by sub registrar office in anyway.

Learning

9 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 April 2017

Assuming for a moment that it is somehow made possible.

The court of law can order to get details.

That can not be violated. 

meera (Advocate)     09 April 2017

Whether your property is self acquired or both jointly purchased, if it ur self acquired,she only entitle for maintance and no right to claim share in the property.after amendment 2010,wife share in property owned by husband would 50%,if it joint holder in residential property- women will keep her 50%part and she will also get half of her husband share in House,so total 75% wife and 25% husband

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     09 April 2017

No one can prevent other citizen in obtaining any Public Document from Public Authority under prescribed norms.

dhiren   09 April 2017

sir i am buying a plot in partnership in Mumbai.. the issue is that's agriculture land so the owner is saying that the property can b buy only by farmers. is that true? if we are buying that property how can register in our name? and what is the role of notary there?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 April 2017

@ Dhiren,

‘Buyer Beware’ applies to property deals.

Agricultural Land is a state subject.

Such prohibition is also possible.

Don’t pay anything, sign on anything until or unless you have taken proper legal opinion from local counsel well versed with local rules/laws.

Sale deed is registered by Registering Authority.

Notray is not Registering Authority.

Sri Vijayan.A (Legal Consultant)     09 April 2017

Can I prevent this this disclosure by sub registrar office in anyway?

You cannot prevent anybody to get certified copy a registered deed from the Sub Registrar office.

dhiren   09 April 2017

Request need assistance about.. what documents of agreement is valid for the agreement between 3 partner. We have a plot but registered only one of us .. so request suggest which agreement document should we have for the partnership of that plot. Regards Dhirendra Singh

dhiren   09 April 2017

Request need assistance about.. what documents of agreement is valid for the agreement between 3 partner. We have a plot but registered only one of us .. so request suggest which agreement document should we have for the partnership of that plot. Regards Dhirendra Singh

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 April 2017

Insert name of all parteners in agreement to sell and sale deed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register