LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SImham (student)     11 June 2009

property division

my father and my grandpa both jointly earned propeties..but my grandpa is of idea that he had earned da total property...my father had 3 sisters..

one of them died recently,and now problem is that these 2 sisters are planning to share dat property between them too..already my father has given them hhouses(tarqa) for the 3 sisters,and now they r harassing us to share the entire property within that sisters also...is this legal,also suggest me how to get my father property to him only ?we r muslims..

pls he

Learning

2 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     11 June 2009

If the properties earned jointly and properties are only in the name of ur grandfather then ur father and 3 sisters have got share in the properties.  Burden lies on u to prove that ur father had also contributed to purchase the property.

If the properties are in joint name then ur father and ur grandmother and 3 sisters will get equal share in the share of ur grand father.  Ur father's sister cannot claim the share in ur father's property which are jointly purchased with ur grand father.

It is applicable to Hindus.  It is not clear in your question whether u r hindu and muslim.

SImham (student)     11 June 2009

ya we are muslims..also thing is that my grandfather and my father jointly earned all da property..my grandmother is against to my father in giving property to my father..she is willing to give it to her daughters...

but officially my father's hardwork behind all these properties..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More