LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arsalan ur Rahman   18 October 2021

Property distribution case

We have a running case in district court for a simple partition of property. It has been 12 years and we reached nowhere. We just want to know that is it Normal to take such a long period. Also if the applicant moves to high court will it again take this long.
Tha case is made by a sister (among 2 brother and 4 sister muslim) claiming that we don't want to give her share of property. But others are not intending to do so. She is just looking forward to take as long as possible as currently she is living in her parental house with more area than she will get by legal distribution.

 3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     18 October 2021

The property partition law for a joint family in India states that an ancestral property can be divided on the basis of making a family partition agreement. This is subject to the personal laws of inheritance where Hindus, Muslims, and Christians have different standings under family property make such agreement and file in the court. You may get judgement immediately.

Arsalan ur Rahman   18 October 2021

Sir, If all the parties are not in agreement with the partition. Will family partition agreement be helpful?

Shashi Dhara   18 October 2021

If she has filed. Suit  for partition  according to family law she get half the share of male siblings ,u can contest for that  share only and in w.s you agree for it so court will pass decree for that .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query