LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit sharma   25 March 2018

property dispute with nri

i bought a house in2012...which had registry done in 1997 in name of A...A purchased from B in 1996.....B purchased through registry from C in 1995...now a nri filed a police complaint against me of unauthorised occupying his house as he told it is his father house.police investigation give me clean chit and case was closed.now he requested for reenquiry and same tym threatning of court case.He is claiming he didnt visit india since last 20 yrs and his father got dead in 1992 and property got shifted in 1995 without any will .I saw the records that one of his brother through news paper advertisement of objection got transferred this house at his name and sold the house through registry in tehsildaar office through legal means.....sir should i compromise or fight a case in court

Learning

7 Replies

Total 8 legal heirs after death of father as told by nri...nobody showed objection in transfer of property since 1995 to 2016 ...nri made complaint in 2016...nri claiming he went with lock on house that tym..maybe his brother opened the house and sold it....all other heirs r in india and didnt make any complaint but 3-4 yrs back the brother who sold the house got expired and thereafter they people r claiming property

Total 8 legal heirs after death of father as told by nri...nobody showed objection in transfer of property since 1995 to 2016 ...nri made complaint in 2016...nri claiming he went with lock on house that tym..maybe his brother opened the house and sold it....all other heirs r in india and didnt make any complaint but 3-4 yrs back the brother who sold the house got expired and thereafter they people r claiming property

Police investigation reveals only his father name was in property record of cantonment and in registrar office in 1995 after which property got sold to another persons everytym that is in 1995 1996 2012....and house record also showing another person name to whom property got transferred. ...all r non family membees

Nri dnt hv even a single paper to prove his part except he is son of 1995 house owner...thereafter record got transferred in cantonment and registrar office too

Yusuf Rampurawala   03 April 2018

let the claimant nri produce valid title documents standing in his father's name to show that the property belong to his dad. let him also produce relevant documentary proof to show that in case his father was indeed the owner, then he is his father's valid legal heir. let him give any threatening. he will need proper documents and proof to prove his case. so dont worry

Amit sharma   03 April 2018

Yusuf sir..he dnt hv any legal documents bcaz he didnt produce any document in his police complaint ...even he mentioned wrong house no in police complaint...i got all the documents. ...his brother became legal heir in 1994 after his father demise in tehsildaar court.....and he sold the house through registered sale deed in 1994 to some other person and brother got died in 2016 ...then this nri claimed this house in police ...but police registered no case and suggest him ....he can go to court if any doubt in police investigation

Amit sharma   03 April 2018

Yusuf sir..he dnt hv any legal documents bcaz he didnt produce any document in his police complaint ...even he mentioned wrong house no in police complaint...i got all the documents. ...his brother became legal heir in 1994 after his father demise..... in tehsildaar court....and he sold the house through registered sale deed in 1994 to some other person and brother got died in 2016 ...then this nri claimed this house in police ...but police registered no case and suggest him ....he can go to court if any doubt in police investigation

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register