Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mamatha (HR)     18 June 2011

Property dispute

Hi all,

My grandfather made 3 properties of which 2 are construted houses and a plot. He has 5 children out of who the elder and the 2nd one are girs are the rest 3 are guys.

My mother is the eldest daughter. She got married in 1982 and was later divorced so got married again in 2000. My grandfather expired 10 years back.

Now my grandmother lives with my 1st uncle in one of th constructed houses, and in the other constructed house my aunt, 2nd and 3rd uncle reside

my query is : what is mother's share in the inheritance. my uncles are not willing to give her anything. disputes are going on the house and my grandmother wants to give my mother a share but she is scared of my uncles and abides by them.

what is the best possible thing to do in this case?

Pls reply fast.

Thanks

Mamatha

Learning

3 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     18 June 2011

your mother has got 1/6th share in the properties.

vinoddinpur@gmail.com (vinoddinpur@gmail.com)     20 June 2011

FILE A CIVIL SUIT FOR DISTRIBUTION OF PROPERTY AS PER HINDU SUCCESSION ACT ...

Mamatha (HR)     22 June 2011

Should not my mother get a equal share in the property?

If my grandmother makes a will without the knowlegde of my uncles now, stating that after her death the property should able shared equally, can any problem surface later?

in any case what will happen to the plot of land which is registered jointly in the name of my uncles? (because even that plot is my grandfathers)

my grandmother feels that filing a civil suit will turn out to be ugly affair . pls suggest alternative.

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register