LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pawan Hehar   14 April 2024

Property dispute


My father sold a piece of land to his friends. They paid half of the amount and they promised to pay the remaining in instalments which they only paid 2. After paying 2, they filed case against my father accusing that he had no registration of the property and sold them unregistered land. 
My father showed them registry and advised not to file any case. But they did it any way. 
The case was going on from last 6 years and no justice till date. 
last year my father passed away. Now, my mother is fighting the case. 
Recently the other party started constructing. My mother filed complaint and no one is doing anything.

what should we do? Can we stop them from construction and how? How long will this case take, saying that we have all property documents? 


 4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     14 April 2024

It is not known what case they have filed?

It is also not known whether your mother had filed an appl;icaiton for injunction seeking to restrain them from constructing any structure in the disputed land.

You have not furnished the proper details so that a proper advise or opinion can be rendered hence without perusing the relevant case papers any advise given would be misguiding.

You may better clarify the issues with your own advocate

Shashi Dhara   14 April 2024

If they have filed specific performance of contract, if u are not impleaded as party file application to implead you as party and defend it in court.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     14 April 2024

What is the case and relief sought in the case ? Nothing can be presumed to form proper opinion and oblidge.

What is the opinion and advise of her (your mother's) lawyer, who is well aware about facts and circumstances of the case ?

Why do you need second opinion of experts on this platform ?

How does your mother (only) contesting the case ?

P. Venu (Advocate)     14 April 2024

The posting is short of material facts. How come only your mother has been impleaded as the legal representative?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register