Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Monica Priscilla   16 November 2023

Property dispute

The property was in my uncle's name before and then it got transferred to all the 4 brother's since it was bought by everyone. While filling property Dispute case in court will it be an issue to get the share?


 7 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 November 2023

How was the property got transferred to all the four brother's name , whether by any deed? if so what was the deed.

Without knowing any details, with the incomplete information no proper opinion can be rendered

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate and Legal Consultant)     17 November 2023

"Uncle" is a very broad term used in contemporary times, you will agree. Be specific qua your relationship donating "uncle".

Show the document to a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts and professional advise.

Monica Priscilla   17 November 2023

Okay....uncle here refers to father's brother 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     17 November 2023

which  mode of transfer of property from your uncle. 

The Transfer of Property Act defines several modes of transfer of property. These include:

  • Sale: Transfer of ownership for consideration.
  • Mortgage: Transfer of interest in immovable property for securing repayment of money advanced or to be advanced.
  • Lease: Transfer of a right to enjoy the property for a certain time, in consideration of a price paid or promised.
  • Exchange: Transfer of ownership in exchange for another property.
  • Gift: Transfer of property without consideration.

Monica Priscilla   17 November 2023

I need to check the property documents for this ....I have no idea as all these happened 25 years ago and my father is no more to ask the details 

P. Venu (Advocate)     17 November 2023

The posting is too vague and lacks clarity. Please repost the facts in simple and logical manner.

Why property dispute? What is the issue in dispute? Who are the parties?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 November 2023

You can consult an advocate personally and proceed after the suggestions made by the advocate accordingly 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More